The post holder will be responsible to and report to the Head of ICT Procurement and will be responsible and accountable for all professional procurement activities in respect of the specialist product / service category team which he/she manages.
- A full member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or possess at least a primary degree in a relevant discipline (such as business studies or management.)
- have at least three years (in the last ten) experience at a middle to senior management level of letting and managing contracts preferably under the EU Public Procurement Directives within a specialist function in a large complex organisation.
- have at least five years (in the last ten) experience at a middle to senior management level of letting and managing contracts preferably under the EU Public Procurement Directives within a specialist function in a large complex organisation.
- Full Clean driving licence to fulfil the duties of the role
- Conducting specific ICT procurement activities to support delivery of robust, effective contracts for strategically significant projects
- Providing both strategic and operational management, including the improvement of current operational methods and processes for his or her specialist area
- Planning, developing, maintaining and managing a contracting programme for the specialist area of responsibility
- Development and delivery of procurement strategies and improvement in all-round supply chain performance through liaison and negotiation with key stakeholders including colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Maintaining the quality processes for those areas of responsibility within Procurement in respect of the current ISO accreditation
Rate of pay is £20.47 per hour
The post is due to start in November
If you have excellent communication and management skills please call Robert McBride, Karen Rainey or Craig Devaney on 02890 313693 or email your CV to the link.