Speech and Language Therapist
First Choice an exciting opportunity for a Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist to join our team in Ballymena. We provide support staff to hospitals within Antrim. This is an immediate start, once all legal checks are completed.
Hours of work are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, with a pay rate of £16.04 per hour.
As a core member of the care team, you will be expected to work both individually and within the team to provide the highest standards of care to all service users within the unit.
We at First Choice, will help you achieve this with continued professional development and training.
Who We Are:
First Choice now one of Northern Ireland’s leading Healthcare Recruitment Agencies has come a long way since opening its doors in 1994. We employ over 40 consultants and place over 1000 temporary staff every week in a variety of Public and Private Sector Settings.
We value our Healthcare Staff and the hard work they do and are currently looking for individuals to join our team.
What The Job Entails:
This is a diverse role and will include a number of key areas including:
- Provide specialist assessment, diagnosis and treatment for adults with disorders of communication and/or swallowing problems
- Be responsible for the assessment, differential diagnosis and the implementation of communication and/or swallowing programmes, seeking advice as appropriate
- Evaluate outcomes and provide written reports as required.
- Provide information and advice for other members of the interdisciplinary team and encourage their active participation in care plans wherever possible
- Manage and prioritise a caseload independently
What We Need From You:
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent.
- Registered member of Health Care Professions Council.
- Minimum of 18 months post qualification experience working as an SLT with adults to include patients with acquired neurological conditions or voice disorders or dysfluency or a diagnosis of cancer.
- Recognised Postgraduate qualification or significant training/experience in working with Dysphagia enabling Speech and Language Therapist to work independently with non-complex cases
What We Would Like From You:
- Hold a current full driving licence, which is valid for use in the UK, and have access to a car on appointment
- Experience in a similar role in a similar setting
What We Will Offer You:
- Pay rate is £16.04 per hour
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
- Free Comprehensive and ongoing annual training courses
- Free Uniform if required
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are day duties Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- Breaks given on shift
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
- Start Date for role is asap once legal checks are completed
The Next Steps:
- Contact Ellen or Sarah on 02825648477
- Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org