First Choice has an exciting opportunity for a Baker to join our client in Ballymena available for an immediate start due to growth in business and trade. The successful candidates will prepare different types of bread and a wide range of pastries, like cookies, cakes and pies.
Baker responsibilities include opening the bakery early in the morning, mixing dough, preparing fillings and glazing pastries. To be successful in this role, you should have experience as a Baker and the ability to decorate cakes using creative techniques would be a bonus.
Ultimately, you will make sure the client offers fresh and delicious goods to their customers on a daily basis.
Who We Are:
As one of Northern Irelands largest Recruitment Agencies, First Choice has come a long way since opening its doors in 1994. We now employ over 40 consultants and place over 1000 temporary staff every week and, by doing so, have built an enviable client base.
We ensure our clients receive a select choice of highly relevant profiles and that our candidates are matched to the most suitable role for them. We pride ourselves in finding those “difficult to source” individuals and ensure a thorough vetting process prior to placement of staff.
What The Role Entails:
- Follow recipe for production of products
- Open the bakery early in the morning
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools before use
- Weigh flour and other ingredients to prepare dough
- Bake different bread types
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
- Mix various ingredients to create fillings for cakes and pies
- Decorate cakes with glazes, icings, buttercream and edible toppings, like flowers
- Shape dough to prepare different types of pastries
- Track food supplies and place orders, as needed
- Perform quality checks on products
- Following health and safety regulations
- General housekeeping duties
- Working as part of the team
- Completion of required records.
What We Need From You:
Years previous experience
- 5 GCSE’s to include Math and English
- Food & Hygiene Certificate
- Experience as a Baker, Pastry Chefor similar role
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Experience with cake decoration techniques
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility to work in early morning shifts
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus
What We Will Offer You:
- £9.00 per hour
- 20 days holidays per year plus 10 statutory holidays
- Immediate starts available for the right candidate
The Nitty Gritty:
- Office hours are Monday – Friday 7am – 4pm (still bearing in mind the successful candidate will have to be fully flexible to fit the business growth requirements)
- 1 Hour Lunch Break
The Next Steps:
- If you like the idea of making a difference and would like to expand or even kick start your career then send your CV to email@example.com or contact Aimee on 028 25648477
First Choice now one of Northern Ireland’s leading Recruitment Agencies has come a long way since opening its doors in 1994. We employ over 40 consultants and place over 1000 temporary staff every week in a variety of Public and Private Sector Settings.
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer