Band 3 Healthcare Science Assistant – Foyle
First Choice have a unique opportunity for an experienced Healthcare Laboratory Assistant to work alongside our well established public client in the Foyle Area. This post will operate on a 12-hour shift pattern: 4 days one week, 3 days the next. We offer a very attractive pay rate of £10.40/hr-£17.57/hr.
What The Job Entails:
- Performing routine analytical procedures
- Undertake manual laboratory tests
- Support all Pathology departments – e.g. providing samples for analysis.
- Prioritise and manage own work
- Prioritise, record and package samples for referral
- Operate, monitor and maintain equipment
- Provide verbal reports on results
What We Need From You:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent. including English and one science subject or equivalent, (Grade A-C) or
- 2 years relevant laboratory experience working in a hospital lab and hold the IBMS Certificate of achievement or be willing to complete this.
What We Would Like From You:
- Health and Safety awareness of medical laboratories
- Computer skills
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
What We Will Offer You:
- £10.40 per hour Monday – Friday (overtime rates for weekend shifts)
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
- Free Comprehensive and ongoing annual training courses