Band 4 Administrative Support Officer – 30 hours per week
First Choice Bangor is recruiting a Band 4 Information Governance Officer for our clients Newtownards facility as part of the NHS Trust. The successful candidate will be responsible for the administrative process associated with the management of caseloads in relation to Employer/Occupier Liability claims, professional negligence claims, Coroners Inquests and exgratia Claims. This position requires an immediate start and will be temporary ongoing until April 2023.
This is a part time temporary role with a pay rate of £11.53 per hour for 30 hours across Monday – Friday.
What The Job Entails:
- Day-to-day management and processing of requests for information including data access agreements
- Coordinate the processing for allocated caseloads and prepare and quality assure the formal written responses in line with legislative and regulatory timeframes
- Proactively ensure that documentation is completed collated and retained in order that caseloads are processed in line with Departmental policy and procedure
- Coordinate the processing of the Trust’s information governance requests and other external agency requests, including statutory and regulatory bodies
- Arrange and co-ordinate meetings, interviews and consultations, recording minutes and all follow up actions implemented
- Regular liaison with external agencies
- Ensure accurate recording of Data Access Agreements and Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Deal with all relevant correspondence in line with departmental policy and relevant legislation.
- Prepare papers in response to communications/enquiries
- Handle telephone calls, emails and face to face contacts in a professional, respectful and sensitive manner
- Supervision of administrative staff including induction, training, support and allocation of work , attendance and performance
What We Need From You:
- HNC/D (in relevant subject related to the post) or equivalent, and 1 year’s administrative experience at Band 3 (or equivalent).
NVQ 3 (administration related) or equivalent, and 2 year’s administrative experience, at Band 3 (or equivalent).
4 GCSE’s (Grade A-C) or equivalent, one which must be English Language, and 3 years’ experience at Administrative Band 3 (or equivalent).
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience working in management/administration of requests for information processed under Freedom of Information or Subject Access
- General computer literacy/skills including practical knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Suite, ie Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Experience of working with the general public
What We Would Like From You:
- Excellent and effective communication skills
- Ability to and experience of dealing with difficult and challenging situations
- Practical experience in the use of the Datix Management System
What We Will Offer You:
- £11.53 per hour for a 30 hour week between the hours of either 9am- 3pm or 10am-4pm, or 11am – 5pm or 12 noon – 6pm
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are 30 per week Monday – Friday
- Temporary position starting as soon as possible
- Closing date of advertisement is 04.02.2022
The Next Steps, How To Contact The Team That Ticks All The Boxes:
- Contact Rachel or Christine on 02891274500
- Email your cv to email@example.com
- Simply click the apply button
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer