Band 5/6 Social Worker Full Time Temporary
What The Job Is:
Our public sector client is currently seeking a Social worker to work for Primary Care & Older Peoples Services. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly skilled team. This post will be the Foyle area and the role will start once all relevant checks are complete. Annual salary for these posts is £31k per annum working 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. This post is suitable to qualified Band 5/6 Social Workers and the post holder key duties will be to build a working relationship with the service user, to address the specific challenges of the aging process by promoting independence, autonomy, and dignity in later life.
What The Job Entails:
This is a diverse role and will include a number of key areas including:
- To deliver a person centred social work service to Older People, their families and carers in a hospital, community or intermediate care setting. Social Workers will work across hospital and community interfaces as required, to achieve continuity of care and support for service users.
- To provide compassionate, person centred, rights-based support to Older People living in the community, recognising the impact of ageing and fragility.
- To work with Older People, their families and carers, to undertake holistic and comprehensive assessments of need utilising the full range of NISAT tools, as appropriate
- To develop in partnership with Older People robust person centred care plans to identify goals, intended outcomes and appropriate timescales
- To work with Older People to maximise their potential, reduce isolation and promote community integration
What We Need From You:
- Social Work Degree or equivalent
- To be NISCC registered, or willing to apply.
- Hold a full clean driving licence.
- Ability to complete and maintain records of Clients.
- Willingness to undergo an enhanced Access NI check
- Experience in a similar role in a similar setting
What We Will Offer You:
- £16.04 per hour with yearly increments (Band 6)
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
- Weekly salary
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- 30 minute Lunch Break
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
- Closing date of advertisement 04.04.21 @ 5pm
The Next Steps, How To Contact The Team That Ticks All The Boxes:
- Contact Tina Young or Jacqueline Boreland on 02870327011
- Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simply click the apply button