Band 5 and Band 6 Dieticians
Band 5 and Band 6 Dieticians
What The Job Is:
We have an exciting opportunity for both a Band 5 and a Band 6 Dietician to join our team in Belfast. We provide staff to several of the departments of Nutrition and Dietetics within the Belfast and greater Belfast areas. This is an immediate start, once all legal checks are completed.
Hours of work are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, but there may be an occasional weekend shift on a rota basis.
Who We Are:
First Choice now one of Northern Ireland’s leading Healthcare Recruitment Agencies has come a long way since opening its doors in 1994. We employ over 40 consultants and place over 1000 temporary staff every week in a variety of Public and Private Sector Settings.
We value our Healthcare Staff and the hard work they do and are currently looking for individuals to join our team.
What The Job Entails:
This is a diverse role and will include a number of key areas including:
- Calculate individual dietary requirements for patients in accordance with their clinical condition, dietetic assessment and applicable evidence based standards
- Advise and review patients and/or their relatives/carers, as necessary on the management of their dietary treatment
- Provide domiciliary care visits
- Carry out detailed nutritional assessments
- Manage and prioritise a caseload independently
- Monitor and evaluate treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of the intervention
- BAND 6 staff- would be expected to attend ward rounds, MDT meetings, case reviews and participate in discharge planning for patients
- To assist in the operational management of elective waiting lists where require
- To provide clinical supervision to more junior members of the dietetic team
What We Need From You:
- Recognised Degree, Diploma / MSc or equivalent in Nutrition & Dietetics
- Registered member of Health Care Professions Council.
- Hold a full current driving licence valid for use in the UK
- Good communication skills
- Effective planning and organisational skills.
- BAND 6 staff must also have two years post registration clinical experience in dietetics
What We Would Like From You:
- Hold a current full driving licence, which is valid for use in the UK, and have access to a car on appointment
- Experience in a similar role in a similar setting
What We Will Offer You:
- Band 5 -6 £11.66 – £22.72 Per Hour (with yearly increments)
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
- Free Comprehensive and ongoing annual training courses
- Free Uniform if required
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are day duties Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm but there may be an occasional weekend shift on a rota basis
- Breaks given on shift
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
- Closing date of advertisement 7th December @ 5pm
- Start Date for role is asap once legal checks are completed
The Next Steps:
- Contact Karen McCready or Bernadette Kovacs on 02890 313693
- Email your cv to email@example.com
If you like the idea of making a difference to people’s lives and would like to expand your career in the Healthcare sector and work for one of Northern Irelands leading provider of Healthcare Staff then please contact the team that always ticks the boxes.
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer