Band 5/6 Social Worker – Older Peoples Team
Band 5/6 Social Workers – Older People Services
What The Job Is:
First Choice has an exciting opportunity for a Band 5 or band 6 Social Worker on behalf of our client in the trust services Older Peoples Team. Hours are Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm. Office based in North Belfast. A non-driver would be considered for this post as driving is not essential but would be beneficial to the role. This is a temporary long term position.
Who We Are:
First Choice now one of Northern Ireland’s leading Healthcare Recruitment Agencies has come a long way since opening its doors in 1994. We employ over 40 consultants and place over 1000 temporary staff every week in a variety of Public and Private Sector Settings.
We value our Healthcare Staff and the hard work they do and are currently looking for individuals to join our team.
What The Job Entails:
- To deliver a person centred social work service to Older People, their families and carers in a hospital, community or intermediate care setting. Social Workers will work across hospital and community interfaces as required, to achieve continuity of care and support for service users.
- To be responsible to the Social Work Lead for the direct provision of appropriate Social Work services and support, in accordance with the policy and statutory responsibilities of the Trust.
- To work with a dedicated Band 4 Social Care Worker to manage a designated caseload, acting as the professional case holder and overseeing the work of the Social Care Worker, if required
- To work with Older People to maximise their potential, reduce isolation and promote community integration
- To work with Older People, their families and carers, to undertake holistic and comprehensive assessments of need utilising the full range of NISAT tools, as appropriate
A full job description can be provided on request
What We Need From You
- Qualified Social Worker, on the live NISCC register
- In date mandatory training (with proof of certificate) or willing to complete our free courses
What We Would Like From You:
- Be willing to complete an Access N.I check
What We Will Offer You:
- Band 5 Social Worker £11.66 per hour (with yearly increments)
- Band 6 Social Worker £14.20 per hour (with yearly increments)
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are full time Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
- Closing date of advertisement 12th March at 5pm
- Start Date for role is asap once legal checks are completed