Band 7 Social Worker /Team Leader
Band 7 Social Worker/Team Leader
First Choice are excited to be recruiting a band 7 Social Worker Team Leader on behalf of our public sector client. This is an exciting opportunity and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing multidisciplinary teams for people with learning disabilities. Based in Belfast, this temporary role is for a period of 6 months with the possibility of being extended. Hours of work 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Rate of pay £19.89 per hour.
What The Job Entails:
- To manage Social Workers, Community Nurses for Learning Disability, Care Managers and Support Staff providing services within that team.
- To coordinate the delivery of service to service users by operationally managing the contribution of others from other professions within the Team
- To liaise with referrers at the time of referral and allocate referrals within the team according to service user need.
- To support team members in monitoring and managing risk to service users in the community.
- To establish team priorities.
- To maintain good working relationships with Team Leaders in children’s services to ensure effective transition planning for children with learning disabilities.
- To assist other managers and team leaders in the service in achieving the resettlement / delayed discharge targets.
- To ensure all members of the service receive appropriate levels of operational supervision and training.
- To maintain such records and provide such returns and reports as may be required from time to time.
What We Need From You:
- Five years minimum post qualification experience in profession – three of which must be in the area of Learning Disability
- Professional qualification in Social Work or learning disability Nursing – part 5 or 14 of the nursing register
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of legislation and its implications for both Professional practice and management in relation to service users with a Learning disability
- Full UK Driving License
What We Will Offer You:
- £19.89 per hour Monday – Friday
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week
- Closing date of advertisement 30/06/2021
The Next Steps, How To Contact The Team That Ticks All The Boxes:
- Contact Gloria at our Belfast Office
- Simply click the apply button
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer