What The Job Is:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Biomedical Scientist to join our team in Foyle. This particular role is due to start immediately. The pay rate is £11.66 per hour. The successful candidate will work with the clinical lead and BMS service manager to ensure the provision of a high quality, cost effective and efficient laboratory service in Cellular Pathology which will meet the standards of UKAS accreditation. We at First Choice will help you achieve this with continuous professional development and training.
Who We Are:
First Choice now one of Northern Ireland’s leading Healthcare Recruitment Agencies has come a long way since opening its doors in 1994. We employ over 40 consultants and place over 1000 temporary staff every week in a variety of Public and Private Sector Settings.
We value our Healthcare Staff and the hard work they do and are currently looking for individuals to join our team.
What The Job Entails:
This is a diverse role and will include a number of key areas including:
- Understand the principles of all procedures carried in the laboratory and perform routine analytical procedures relevant to the work undertaken.
- Maintain and develop core practical skills in other laboratory disciplines such as are relevant to the delivery of a Cellular Pathology laboratory service as directed by the Pathology General Manager and Clinical Lead.
- Perform special assignments or relevant duties as indicated or approved by Clinical Lead and BMS Service Manager, such as attendance at FNA clinics.
- Ensure accuracy and clarity of all documentation concerned with sample examination and reporting.
- Support the implantation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and other applicable documentation for all sections/work areas.
- Ensure that an efficient, effective and documented quality management system is maintained.
What We Need From You:
- A minimum of 12 months experience of working in a Hospital based laboratory.
- BSc (Hons) in Biomedical Science or a Degree which has been approved for registration by the HCPC.
- Be registered with the HCPC.
- Hold a current full driving license which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car.
- Knowledge of a Cellular Pathology Laboratory.
- CPD awareness.
What We Would Like From You:
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge and experience of hospital laboratory service provision and function.
What We Will Offer You:
- £11.66 per hour
- Hours of work: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
- Free Comprehensive and ongoing annual training courses
- Free Uniform if required
The Nitty Gritty:
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
- Closing date of advertisement 19.07.19 @ 5pm
- Immediate start date available
The Next Steps:
- Contact Sarah Wall on 02870327011
- Email your cv to email@example.com
If you like the idea of making a difference to people’s lives and would like to expand your career in the Healthcare sector and work for one of Northern Ireland's leading provider of Healthcare Staff then please contact the team that always ticks the boxes.
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer