Day Centre Support Worker
The Nitty Gritty:
- Belfast Based
- Hours of work are Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm
- £8.90 per hour
- Closing date of advertisement 16th June 2019 @ 5pm
- Start Date for role is asap once legal checks are completed
Want to know more?
As a core member of the care team, you will be expected to work both individually and within the team to provide the highest standards of care to all service users within the unit.
We at First Choice will help you achieve this with continued professional development and training.
What The Job Entails:
This is a diverse role and will include a number of key areas including:
- Provide care and support to young adults with varying degrees of learning and physical disabilities, within a day centre setting
- Be able to work in a potentially challenging environment, using de-escalation techniques
- Where directed, assist with meals
- Assist with the daily activities as directed by the Social Work Team
- Develop and maintain personal contact with the service users through talking and listening
What We Need From You:
- 6 months experience in a Healthcare Setting
- To be registered with NISCC, or willing to apply
- Be willing to complete an Access N.I check
- In date mandatory training (with proof of certificate) or willing to complete our free courses
What We Would Like From You:
- Health and Social Care Qualification
- Experience in a similar role in a similar setting
What We Will Offer You:
- £8.90 per hour (with yearly increments)
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
- Free Comprehensive and ongoing annual training courses
- Free Uniform if required
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
Who We Are:
First Choice, now one of Northern Ireland’s leading Healthcare Recruitment Agencies has come a long way since opening its doors in 1994. We employ over 40 consultants and place over 1000 temporary staff every week in a variety of Public and Private Sector Settings.
We value our Healthcare Staff and the hard work they do and are currently looking for individuals to join our team.
The Next Steps:
- Contact Karen McCready or Bernadette Kovacs on 02890 313693
- Email your cv to email@example.com
- If this job isn’t for you but you know someone it would be suitable for, why not ask them to get in touch
If you like the idea of making a difference to people’s lives and would like to expand your career in the Healthcare sector and work for one of Northern Irelands leading provider of Healthcare Staff then please contact the team that always ticks the boxes.
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer