First Choice Selection Services are currently seeking a Development Officer for their client based in Belfast.
To coordinate and develop the organisations volunteering programme which involves volunteers in a range of projects focussed on supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
The Development Officer will recruit, train and support volunteers in a variety of roles across the organisation. Additionally the Development Officer will manage the volunteer rotas across services.
- Recruit and match volunteers with suitable volunteering opportunities, as well as monitoring and reviewing volunteer placements to ensure volunteers receive sufficient support and achieve their goals.
- Develop good practice policies and procedures in volunteer management and keep all relevant policies and handbooks up to date and relevant.
- To develop new and innovative ways of using volunteers to support people to move on from homelessness.
- To design a range of marketing materials in accessible formats to promote the organisation and its volunteering programme.
- To attend events, such as volunteer fairs and community events, to promote the organisations volunteering programme.
What we need from you
- At least two years involvement in community liaison activities, including proven ability to work with volunteers.
- Experience of volunteer development.
- Ability to write reports.
- IT skills, including being proficient in Microsoft Office packages.
- 37.5 hours per week. 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
- 20 days per year plus stat days
If you are interested in the above role and meet the criteria email your Cv to the link below or contact Craig Devaney or Michael McAlinden on 028 90313693 for more information.