Economic Development Officer
First Choice Belfast are delighted to be recruiting for an Economic Development Officer for our large public sector client based in Lisburn. The main purpose of this role will be to assist the Economic Development Manager with the implementation and project management of a range of high quality, relevant and targeted Business Development initiatives including monitoring and evaluation of key projects. The pay rate is £16.25 per hour and the successful candidate will be working 37 hours per week 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
What the Job Entails:
- Liaise with all appropriate external organisations, third-party project delivery agents, and internal staff to ensure all strategic and operational matters are dealt with efficiently.
- Assist the Economic Development Manager to monitor income and expenditure targets set as part of the Annual Budget Estimates, and in assessing and controlling these against programme performance.
- Provision of advice, information, and practical support on accessing grants, programmes and funds for local businesses and key stakeholders
- Maintain and develop the profile of the Economic Development Service through ongoing marketing and communications activities and events.
- Manage appropriate Economic Development staff including Project Support Officers, Clerical Officer and/or Economic Development Placement students.
- Deputise for the Economic Development Manager on any relevant Committee, group/company within and outside the City as deemed appropriate
- Initiate, manage, deliver, and present appropriate research projects in the field of local Economic Development
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports to the Council and Council Officers on any aspect of Economic Development
What We Need from You:
- Third level qualification (for example, NVQ Level 4 or Degree) or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years employment experience in each of the following areas:
- Assisting in the delivery of Local Economic Development Programmes, with a focus on enterprise and business development involving Public or European funding of a minimum of £100,000.
- Provision of business advice and information to SME’s, start up and growth, and completion of business diagnostics and assessments of need
- Financial management, analysis, and reporting.
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation of economic development projects, in particular enterprise and business development.
- Experience of developing and implementing PR and marketing initiatives for Economic Development projects.
- Market research activities for the development of economic development initiatives, including identifying external funding opportunities.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Rate of Pay £16.25 per hour
The Next Steps, How To Contact The Team That Ticks All The Boxes:
- Contact Dylan McGinley or Craig Devaney at the Belfast Office on 028 9031 3693
- Email your CV to Belfastjobs@first-choice-rec.com
- Simply click the apply button
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer