Head of Goods and Services Procurement
First Choice have an exciting Head of Goods and Services Procurement position to work for our public sector client based in Belfast. The main function will be to provide leadership to two Divisions of BSO Procurement and Logistics, which covers all clinical and non-clinical goods and services. The rate of pay is £32.60 per hour, and the hours of work are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Responsible for the bulk of the £900m expenditure currently managed by the Organisation.
- Responsible for circa 160 staff across 8 geographical locations in Northern Ireland delivering procurement services at both a strategic and tactical level
- Take lead responsibility for goods and services procurement, working in co-ordination with the Heads of Logistics, Compliance, ICT
- Support the Assistant Director in implementing the results of a review of goods and services procurement with a view to delivering measurable service improvement
- Drive developments in goods and services procurement in line with best practice in Northern Ireland
- Provide advice to Board level officers (Chief Executive Officer, Executive Directors and Directors) in respect of procurement of clinical and non-clinical goods and services.
- Drive procurement digital initiatives which support streamlining purchase to pay processes for clinical and non-clinical goods and services.
- Delivery on relevant strategic objectives in order to improve all-round supply chain performance.
- Deputise where required for the Assistant Director – Procurement & Logistics in matters of Public Procurement Policy including, but not limited to, engagement with external organisations
- Communicate difficult and complex messages to stakeholders – suppliers, trade bodies, and representatives.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which monitor performance against targets
- Senior management experience over at least 3 years in the last 5 years of procurement management involving providing specialist procurement advice to Board level officers within large and complex organisations
- Hold a relevant Primary Degree or Master’s Degree, within a business, procurement, or related field
- Full membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
- Hours of work are between Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- Rate of pay is £32.60 per hour
- Closing date of advertisement 12/04/2021
The Next Steps, How to Contact The Team That Ticks All The Boxes:
- Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simply click the apply button
- Contact Dylan McGinley or Craig Devaney
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer