Health and Safety Advisor
To advise and support the occupational health, safety and welfare teams in the design, development and delivery of the health and safety framework. To analysis, audit and inspect performance management of health and safety policy and procedures.
- To monitor, interpret and respond to the existing and proposed health and safety legislation
- To devise or expand policies, strategies and plans
- To develop and monitor the organisations systems of work to ensure that systems are safe and effective in relation to workplace safety, occupational health, welfare, management and control of contractors, hygiene, environmental management and other health and safety related issues.
- Responsible for upkeep of IT database recording of information in relation to accidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses, statistical reports, risk assessments and other relevant data.
- To deprive an action plan for the elimination and prevention of health and safety risks
- To preform accredited risk assessments and to be responsible for overseeing the performance of NEBOSH qualified personnel.
- Design and deliver training to personnel.
- Provide up to date information in Senior Managers
- Corporate membership of IOSH
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Safety Officer/Advisor
- Experience of drafting safety policy and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Computer literate
- Full clean driving licence
- Registered safety practitioner
- Manual handling Instructor
- Proficient in the design and delivery of training
- Aware of environmental legislation.
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- Parking facility
- Rate of pay £15.07 per hour
- Mileage fuel payment
If you have excellent communication skills and want to become part of a team please call Craig Devaney or Karen Rainey on 02890 313693 or email your CV to the link.