We are currently recruiting a hygiene operative for our private sector client based in Kilkeel. This role will involve cleaning production and manufacture machinery always ensuring a high level of hygiene standards. The rate of pay is £9.24 per hour. The hours of work are Monday – Wednesday 9.30pm – 7.00am and Friday 1.00am – 12.30pm OR 3.00am–2.30pm with occasional weekend work required. This is a permanent position and an immediate start for the right candidate.
Who the Job Is for:
The client we are recruiting on behalf of is a food production company that is focused on producing delicious, sustainably sourced scampi; the product is then frozen, packed and then delivered to certain clients throughout the UK and Ireland.
What the Job Entails:
- Ensure compliance with the Company Rules regarding Standard Operating Procedure, Health & Safety & Food Safety.
- Correspondence with the Technical Manager, Quality Dept. Hygiene Team Leader, Hygiene Team, Day & Night Shift Supervisors.
- Cleaning equipment, production and storage areas, facilities, and grounds.
- Daily hygiene assessments of cleaning by the team leader, Technical / Quality Dept.
- Undertake weekly Hygiene Team & Technical Manager Meetings.
- Completion of hygiene department documentation
Health & Safety:
- Always adhere to all health & safety regulations and company policy. Report any accidents or issues regarding health & safety appropriately
- Ensure all Risk Assessments & safe systems of work are read, understood, signed, and followed
- Observe & follow all manual handling practices
What We Need from You:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage with hygiene team.
- Proven experience in working with a team and independently.
- Knowledge and experience of cleaning chemicals and cleaning techniques.
- GCSEs in English & Maths
- The candidate will have a full clean driving Licence, with access to their own vehicle, as some of the shifts will not suit public transport.
What We Would Like from You:
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working within a compliance / standard driven environment (BRC
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work 38 hours Mon – Wed 9.30pm – 7.00am; Friday 1.00am – 12.30pm OR 3.00am–2.30pm (Rota Basis)
- £9.24 per hour
The Next Steps, How to Contact the Team That Ticks All the Boxes:
- Simply click the apply button
- Contact Craig Devaney or Dylan McGinley in our Newry Branch
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer