Information Governance Co Ordinator
First Choice are delighted to be recruiting an Information Governance Co Ordinator for our public sector client based in Belfast. The successful candidate will be working within the Informatics and Information Governance Department and will be responsible for informatics and clinical Audit functions. The rate of pay for the role is £16.04 per hour, and the hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. This is a temporary role for initially 6 months with the opportunity to be extended.
- lead on ensuring compliance with legal deadlines for information requests made under the Freedom of Information Act and other relevant legislation
- Conduct audits of all Trust premises to ensure that information is being managed and stored appropriately and to identify any areas of concern relating to information management.
- Assist the IG Manager with identifying evidence required for the Data Security
- Manage and respond to requests for personal information from courts, police, solicitors and other third parties
- Support the Head of IG and DPO in ensuring the Trust complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018.
- Undertake audits of all premises to ensure that information is being managed and stored appropriately and that confidentiality obligations are being adhered to.
- Produce reports on all responsible work areas, highlighting areas of concern and good practice, for presentation
- Produce weekly statistical returns on key performance indicators for IG related work-streams using Microsoft office
- Identify evidence to support requirements within the Data Security and Protection relating to records management
- A relevant degree and at least two years’ experience in information governance function with expertise in freedom of information, data protection and records management
- Relevant professional qualification in information governance related area with 3 years’ experience in freedom of information, data protection and records management
- Rate of pay is £16.04 per hour Monday to Friday
- Hours of work are 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
- Contact Dylan McGinley or Craig Devaney in our Belfast Office
- Simply click the apply button
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer