Male Support Worker x 2
First Choice Bangor are looking to recruit two full time Support Workers to work within the Ards and North Down Area on behalf of our well-established client. These will be temporary, full time positions, of 36 hours per week on a rota basis, working as part of a larger team to provide supported living care for service users with learning disabilities within their homes. Due to the caring requirements of the service user, we would be particularly interested in male candidates. The working hours will be 8-3.30pm and 3-11pm each day and all staff will be expected to work every other weekend. We can offer immediate starts for candidates once all relevant checks are complete and expect the role to continue for 6 weeks with possible extension. This is a rewarding opportunity for candidates with previous care experience who would benefit from the stability of regular working hours.
What the Job Entails:
This is a diverse role and will include a number of key areas including:
- Working with adults and assist with daily activities.
- Updating documentation
- Liaise with Healthcare Professionals / Family
- Working to help build on the service users’ individual needs / inclusion in daily activities.
- To promote independence where possible and encourage self-support.
What We Need from You:
- Previous experience in a residential / supported living setting.
- A capability to complete paperwork
- Previous experience with complex needs
- To be Niscc registered, or willing to apply
- To have, or be willing to attend all mandatory training courses.
- Willingness to undergo an enhanced Access Ni check
What We Would Like from You:
- Previous experience with patients with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour
- Drive and have access to your own vehicle.
What We Will Offer You:
- £9.00 per hour for working Monday – Friday days
- £11.00 per hour for working Saturdays / Mon – Sat Nights
- £13.00 per hour for working Sundays / Sunday Nights
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
- Free Comprehensive and ongoing annual training courses
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are Monday – Sunday on rota basis (expected to work every other weekend)
- Shift start times are 8am-3.30pm and 3pm-11pm
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies.
- Closing date of advertisement 12.03.21 @ 5pm
- Start Date for role will be as soon as all relevant checks are complete.
The Next Steps, How to Contact The Team That Ticks All The Boxes:
- Contact Rachel Miskimmin on 02891274500
- Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simply click the apply button