Medical Laboratory Assistant – Lurgan
Medical Laboratory Assistant immediately required to work within Craigavon Area hospital and Daisy Hill Hospital. This is a full time role for 37.5 hrs per week, This role will be based across two sites, primarily based in Craigavon with cover required in Newry Milage will be paid for travelling to Newry.
The rate of pay for this role is £11.11 per hour Monday to Friday, £15.00 per hour on a Saturday and after 8pm during the week and £18.78 on Sunday. This role will be temporary for 3 months with possibility of extension.
● Booking in, processing, labelling, cataloguing, storage, and retrieval of samples.
● Assist in data processing within the laboratories.
● Sort and distribute laboratory reports.
● Maintain a clean and efficient working area.
● Prepare appropriate solutions/reagents where necessary.
● Remove and dispose of laboratory waste according to departmental procedures.
● Be aware of and adhere to all current Health and Safety regulations.
What We Need from You:
● 4 GCSE’s (Grade a-c) to include Maths and English
● 1 year’s laboratory experience
● Computer literate
What We Will Offer You:
● Paid annual leave
● Inclusion into our company pension scheme
● Opportunity to gain experience working in a hospital laboratory
The Next Steps:
● Contact Stephen Maguire or Karen Rainey on 02838316446
● Email your CV to email@example.com
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer