NIHE Mechanic – Ballymena
We have an immediate opportunity available for an experienced Mechanic to join our public sector client who is based in Ballymena. This is a temporary post for a minimum of 3 months, with a salary of £12.02 per hour. Working hours will be 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
The post holder will be carrying out inspections, servicing and repairs on a range of light commercial vehicles and grounds maintenance equipment.
- Examine and inspect conditions and safety of vehicles and equipment.
- Service, repair and prepare vehicles for PSV/MOT.
- Conduct routine repairs on grounds maintenance equipment.
- Recover broken down or immobilised vehicles to be repaired.
- Report any faults or defects to the supervisor.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and safety checks.
- At least 3 years’ experience spent working as a mechanic.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Light Motor Vehicle Repair Studies.
- Full driving licence with no more than 3 penalty points.
- Access NI approved.
- C1 Category on driving licence.
What We Need from You:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- To be able to comply with all NIHE policies and manufacturers recommendations.
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
What We Will Offer You:
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work within the public sector.
- Inclusion into the company pension scheme.
- Paid Annual leave.
- No weekend work.
- Canteen and onsite parking.
The Next Steps:
- Contact Reece Cullen or Stacey Maxwell on 02825648477
- Email your cv to email@example.com
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer.