Permanent Forklift Driver Magherafelt
First Choice is recruiting a permanent full time forklift driver on behalf of their client based in Magherafelt. Immediate start required.
- Experienced with a variety of tools and equipment. Know how to most effectively use the tools to get the job done quickly and in a safe manner.
- Current forklift licence ( preferably counterbalance and combi licence )
- Ability to differentiate between different steel sections and plates
- Experience of lifting and moving long lengths of steel sections
- Ability to load lorries to maximise load content
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to comprehend, read and write English fluently, and follow verbal and written instructions
- Demonstrate that you have taken responsibility for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed
- Technical awareness with the ability to read drawings or work instructions;
- Previous experience of paint/powder/surface treatment operations;
- Previous experience of fabrication and assembly operations;
- Knowledge of ERP or MRP systems would be a distinct advantage;
- Computer literate.
- Maintain security of the site and ensure storage is in line with environmental, health and safety guidelines
- Take delivery of goods into the yard with the use of forklifts where required
- Ensure that goods are checked off in an accurate and timely manner checking for damages and correct quantity and that records are updated accordingly
- Assist drivers to ensure all materials are secure on vehicles to enable safe transportation and to avoid any loss or damage
- Move material/items between different stages of the production process ensuring smooth production flow and avoiding disruptions/delays
- Day shift 7:30am – 4:45pm Overtime may be available
- Rates of pay is negotiable depending on experience (The right person will get the right money)
- Weekly pay
- Holiday pay accrued from first day of employment
- Pension Scheme
If the above appeals to you then please call Aaron on 028 25648477 for more information or alternatively please send your CV to the link provided.