Permanent Support Worker – Larne
Permanent Support Workers required on behalf of our client, Northern Irelands leading homeless charity in the Larne area. These are full time positions that offer rotational shift patterns including 3 x 12-hour shifts per week, day and night shifts which include evenings and weekends. Immediate starts are offered for this post.
What The Job Entails:
- Supervision of Service users’ whist providing support and advice
- Ensure databases are updated with accurate and reliable data
- Liaising with internal and external agencies such as social work teams, PSNI and housing services.
- Promoting independence through support, development, and progression
- Dealing appropriately with disruptive and/or challenging behaviour
- Always establish and maintain professional and appropriate boundaries
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Ensure the referral and Induction process for service users is undertaken
What We Need From You:
- Ability to demonstrate the core values of the client
- Basic level of understanding and experience of supporting people with complex needs
- To be NISCC registered, or willing to apply
- IT Skills – ability to use email, internet, and databases to electronically record support work notes
What We Would Like From You:
- Experience of identifying support needs
- Maths and English GCSE at Grade C OR an equivalent qualification.
- Valid driving license and access to a car or other form of transport to undertake duties associated with the role.
What We Will Offer You:
- £17,865-£20,302 Per Annum (Experience Dependant)
- Holidays – 37 days’ annual holiday entitlement a year this included statutory days
- Holiday entitlement increases with length of service
- Inclusion in our company pension scheme
- Death in Service benefit offered
- Health shield Benefit offered
- Occupational sick
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave entitlement
- Career breaks offered (subject to 2 years’ continuous service)
- Bank and Public holidays paid at premium rates
- Additional hours paid at time and a quarter
- Continued access to ongoing personal development
- Induction training and shadow shifts
Closing date of advertisement- 5th October 2022 @ 5pm
The Next Steps, How To Contact The Team That Ticks All The Boxes:
- Contact Megan Lowry or Ellen McCartney in the Ballymena office
- Simply click apply now.