Permanent Support Workers – Belfast
First Choice are thrilled to be recruiting Permanent Support Workers on behalf of our client Simon Community, Northern Irelands leading homeless charity across the greater Belfast area. These are full time positions (Average 35 hours per week) Shift patterns include 3 x 12 hour shifts per week, day and night shifts which include evenings and weekends. Immediate starts are offered for this post.
What The Job Entails:
- Supervision of Service users whist providing support and advice
- Ensure databases are kept up to date with accurate and reliable data
- Liaising with internal and external agencies such as social work teams, PSNI and housing serves.
- Act as an Advocate, providing support to and on behalf of Services
- Encourage Service users to manage their domestic, personal and financial resources
- Dealing appropriately with disruptive and/or abusive behaviour
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Ensure the referral and Induction process for service users is undertaken
What We Need From You:
- Six months’ recent experience (either paid or voluntary) of directly supporting people with complex needs
- To be NISCC registered, or willing to apply
- IT Skills – ability to use email, internet and databases to electronically record support work notes
What We Would Like From You:
- Experience of identifying support needs
- Maths and English GCSE at Grade C OR an equivalent qualification.
- Valid driving license and access to a car or other form of transport to undertake duties associated with the role.
What We Will Offer You:
- £17,865-£20,302 Per Annum ( Dependant on Experience)
- Holidays – 37 days’ annual holiday entitlement a year this included statutory days
- Holiday entitlement increases with length of service
- Inclusion in our company pension scheme
- Death in Service benefit offered
- Enhanced sickness pay, enhanced maternity/paternity leave entitlement
- Career breaks offered (subject to 2 years’ continuous service)
- Health shield Benefit offered
Closing date of advertisement- Tuesday 4th January 2022
The Next Steps, How To Contact The Team That Ticks All The Boxes:
- Contact Shannen Gillespie or Robyn Millar at the Belfast Office
- Simply click apply now.