Registered General Nurse (Permanent)
First Choice Selection Services are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client for a Part Time Registered General Nurse for their Eye Clinic based in Belfast City Centre.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Location – Belfast
- Part Time Position – Hours of work: 9am – 5:30pm (Wednesday, Thursday & Saturdays essential)
- £17ph Mon – Friday & £20ph on a Saturday
Main Purpose of the Role:
The Registered Nurse will undertake a practical ‘hands-on’ role during the surgical day including admissions nurse; scrub assistant; discharge patients with after-care advice and medications; assist within the anaesthetic room; prepare the patient for their cataract/laser/Intra Ocular Lens (IOL) treatment and undertake pre-screening diagnostic duties.
What The Job Entails:
- Supporting the Nurse Manager and assisting with the infection control audits.
- Ensuring that all patients proceeding to surgery have had the opportunity to understand the potential risks and benefits of treatment.
- To work within the team to ensure that ‘file preparation’ prior to the treatment day is carried out in order to minimise potential complications, cancellations/ postponement by being able to recognise patient suitability and liaise with the multi-disciplinary team in order to ensure outstanding issues are addressed prior to surgery.
- Patients are discharged from surgery with the appropriate prescribed medication and advice, including emergency contact numbers and follow up care has been arranged.
- Patient care is appropriate and individual requests are accommodated as far as is reasonable and safe.
- Aptitude to learn how to operate the ophthalmic laser equipment, with training provided where required.
What We Need From You:
- RGN Qualification
- Theatre experience
- Adaptable with a flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Maintain a quality service
- Competitive Salary
- Full Induction Programme and Mandatory training
- Flexible working hours
- Career Progression
- No evening or Sunday shifts
- ‘Business Hour’ Shifts 9am-5.30pm
- Staff bonding days