General Operative- Laser Separation
First Choice are now recruiting for a General operative for a well -known Engineering company based in Magherafelt.
General Operative – Laser Material Separation
You will be responsible for various aspects of the production process. Depending on experience you can work in one area or across the site to meet the needs of preparation, kitting, fabrication support.
- Separate and sort materials post laser cutting and ditrubute to the next stage of the fabrication process
- Assist in a variety of metal work preparation activities including the cutting of sections, flow forge etc, the shaping and forming of tubing and plates, drilling and slotting of parts etc.
- Work from lists and drawings to pull together completed kits of parts and components for the next stage of the production process, ensuring that parts are quality checked and clearly labelled
- Ensure optimum use of materials within your control to minimize scrap / wastage;
- Demonstrate due care and respect for company equipment and machinery and complete preventive maintenance where appropriate.
- Inspect and test parts and products as necessary, during or after assembly and prior to or after coating according to established guidelines, quality standards and customer expectations
- Practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of a team responsible for realizing continuous improvement to products and processes
- Experienced with a variety of tools and equipment. Know how to most effectively use the tools to get the job done quickly and in a safe manner.
- Demonstrate that you have taken responsibility for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure and cost of poor quality
- Ability to use your own initiative and work as a team to deliver results
- Strong team player and excellent communication skills
- Reliable and punctual with a positive attitude
- Great attention to detail.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Monday to Thursday 7:30am – 4:45pm
- Friday 7:30am – 1:30pm
- Half hour lunch break
- Paid 15 min tea breaks
- Weekly pay
Rate Of Pay:
- £9.00 per hour
Please Note: This particular job requires you to be able to lift heavy materials and be on your feet for long periods of time.
This Position will become permanent for the right candidate.
If you meet all of the above criteria and wish to apply, please send your CV to the link provided or alternatively contact Aaron on 028 25648477