Senior Care Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Care Assistant to join our team in Ballymena. This role is based in Antrim and is due to start as soon as all necessary checks are in place. The pay rate will be £11 – £15 per hour (Depending on shift completed) and the hours will be on a rota basis, including weekend shifts. The main purpose of this role is to assist the manager and care staff in providing appropriate support and assistance so that they can live as independently as possible in a safe and caring environment. As a core member of the support work team you will be expected to work both individually and within the team to provide the highest standards of care to all service users within the unit. We at First Choice will help you achieve this with continuous professional development and training.
Who We Are:
First Choice now one of Northern Ireland’s leading Healthcare Recruitment Agencies has come a long way since opening its doors in 1994. We employ over 40 consultants and place over 1000 temporary staff every week in a variety of Public and Private Sector Settings.
We value our Healthcare Staff and the hard work they do and are currently looking for individuals to join our team.
What The Job Entails:
This is a diverse role and will include a number of key areas including:
- Lead and work with the care team to deliver excellent quality, person-centred care to all residents
- Planning, implementing and developing support plans
- Complying with RQIA policies and procedures in relation to safe storage, administering and disposal of medications
- Conducting review meetings and acting as an advocate for clients.
- Ensure all documentation is completed in line with Home procedures
What We Need From You:
- NVQ Level 3 in Care or equivalent
- Experience of working in a Senior Care Assistant role.
- A certificate for Administration of medications training issued within the last year (or willingness to complete training)
- Experience in use of hoists and slide sheets
- A capability to complete paperwork and update care plan notes accordingly
- To be niscc registered, or willing to apply
- To have or be willing to attend all mandatory training courses
What We Would Like From You:
- Experience in a similar role in a similar setting
- Health and Social Care Qualification
What We Will Offer You:
- £11 – £15 per hour (Depending on shift completed)
- A dedicated recruitment team that focuses solely on processing applications which is why we can process quickly
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
- Free Uniform if required
The Nitty Gritty:
- 30 minute Lunch Break
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
- Start Date for role will be as soon as all relevant checks are complete
The Next Steps:
- Contact Healthcare Sarah on 02825648477
- Email your cv to Ballymenajobs@first-choice-rec.com
If you like the idea of making a difference to people’s lives and would like to expand your career in the Healthcare sector and work for one of Northern Irelands leading provider of Healthcare Staff then please contact the team that always ticks the boxes.
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer