Senior Care Assistant
Senior Care Assistant
What The Job Is:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Care Assistant to join our team in the Foyle area. This particular role is based in Strabane and is due to start immediately The pay rate is £11.66 – £18.66 (depending on shift) The successful candidate will assist the officer in charge in the efficient day to day running and maintenance of the home, staff management and provision of care to the residents. We at First Choice will help you achieve this with continuous professional development and training.
Who We Are:
First Choice now one of Northern Ireland’s leading Healthcare Recruitment Agencies has come a long way since opening its doors in 1994. We employ over 40 consultants and place over 1000 temporary staff every week in a variety of Public and Private Sector Settings.
We value our Healthcare Staff and the hard work they do and are currently looking for individuals to join our team.
What The Job Entails:
This is a diverse role and will include a number of key areas including:
- Assisting the officer in charge with management responsibility for all care staff in the home.
- Assists with managing the home in the absence of the officer in charge.
- Organising social and diversionary activities for residents within and outside the home.
- Carrying out residents’ review meetings.
- Participating in the maintenance of all records, reports, assessments and requisitioning of supplies.
What We Need From You:
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent OR NVQ level III in social care and minimum of 2 years’ experience caring for older people in a formal setting.
- Knowledge of the needs of older people.
- Knowledge of legislation and policies.
- Knowledge of residential care minimum standards and regulatory bodies.
- Leadership and organisational skills.
What We Would Like From You:
- NVQ level IV or 5 in Social Care management.
What We Will Offer You:
- £11.66 - £18.66 (depending on shift)
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
- Free Comprehensive and ongoing annual training courses
- Free Uniform if require
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are on an a rotational basis including sleep ins and on an ad hoc basis.
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
- Closing date of advertisement 19.07.19 @ 5pm
- Immediate start date
The Next Steps:
- Contact Sarah Wall on 02870327011
- Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like the idea of making a difference to people’s lives and would like to expand your career in the Healthcare sector and work for one of Northern Irelands leading provider of Healthcare Staff then please contact the team that always ticks the boxes.
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer