Shower Screen Manufacturing – Production Operative
What The Job Is:
To integrate in a vibrant and busy work environment with a culture of openness and continually striving for improvement. This person will work alongside the busy team in the trays department and provide support to the Operations Supervisor
About the Client:
Our Client is a dynamic, professional trade organization that is recognized internationally as the leader in the electrical and mechanical apparatus sales, service and repair. Our Client provides an ongoing flow of industry information and education that helps members worldwide serve as total solution providers for electrical and mechanical equipment and systems.
What The Job Entails:
- Reporting to the Operations Supervisor you will provide a hands-on role in the screen manufacturing unit working to expected capacity targets as per our customers orders.
- Help focus on your team’s efforts to achieve the capacity required in line with demand, productivity, efficiency, and alignment with specifications and quality requirements.
- Report information on quality and performance daily to your Supervisor
- Comply with the standard operating procedures
- Comply with instruction on profiles, panelling, plastics for build.
- Report poor performance, difficult employees and attendance issues to the supervisor.
- Aid to improve the workflow from raw materials in to finished goods on the shelf
- Ensure materials quality is monitored throughout.
- Aid in efficient stock rotation of materials.
- Assist in identifying and reducing waste – energy /consumables
- Comply with the use of PPE and raise any risks or dangers of the chemicals that we use to your Supervisor immediately.
- Integrate into the Health & Safety policy and responsibilities of the company.
- Encourage fellow team members to follow good housekeeping regime , and keep the areas as tidy as possible.
- Encourage a continuous improvement culture through the tray manufacturing process.
- Use non-conformances, Near Misses and NCR’s as an improvement tool, consider and implement new methods to prevent / reduce the risk of recurrence.
Ensure procedures are being followed in line with the company Quality Management
What We Need From You:
Experienced in all the use of tools and following technical instruction.
Excellent organisational skills.
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills.
Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
What We Would Like From You:
- To be highly computer literate
- Be a team player with high levels of flexibility
What We Will Offer You:
The role is Monday to Friday permanent full-time.
Hours of work are 08:00 – 16:30 with a half hour lunch.
Our hourly rate of pay is £8.70 but there is also a quarterly performance related bonus.
The Next Steps:
- Contact Janete on 02838316446
- Email your cv to email@example.com