Social Work Assistant
First Choice requires two full time band 4 Social Work Assistants for our public sector client based in Newry. Hours of work are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm with a competitive pay rate of £11.20 per hour. This role is to assist Social Workers in the practice of quality care to children and families.
What The Job Entails:
This is a diverse role and will include a number of key areas including:
- To assist Social Workers in assessing the needs to children, young people and families
- To assist Social Workers in the implementation of Child Care Plans
- To facilitate supervised contact arrangements (This will include driving duties)
- To contribute to parenting programmes (individual and groupwork)
- To maintain individual caseloads and provide reports
- To maintain appropriate records
What We Need From You:
- 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English Language or equivalent/higher qualification.
- 6 months experience within a health / social care related environment working with children and/or families.
- Current NISCC registration
- Full current driver’s license
What We Would Like From You:
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload
What We Will Offer You:
- Weekly Pay
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
The Nitty Gritty:
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
- Closing date of advertisement 25th April 2021 at 5pm
- Start Date – Immediately once relevant checks and training has been completed
The Next Steps, How To Contact The Team That Ticks All The Boxes:
- Contact Scott Shannon at the Southern Division on 02830252100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simply click apply now.
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer