Social Worker Sensory Support Team
Job Title: Social Worker Sensory Support Team
Who we are:
First Choice now one of Northern Ireland’s leading Healthcare Recruitment Agencies, has come a long way since opening its doors in 1994. We employ over 40 consultants and place over 1000 temporary staff every week in a variety of Public and Private Sector settings
We value our Healthcare staff and the hard work they do and are currently looking for individuals to join our team.
What the Job Is:
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Social Worker to join our Sensory Support team in Belfast.
We provide Social Work staff to Various Units in the Belfast and Greater Belfast Area. It is an immediate start, once all legal checks are completed.
As a core member of the care team, you will be expected to work both individually and within the team to provide the highest standards of care to all service users within the unit.
We at First Choice, will help you achieve this with continued professional development and training.
What the Job Entails:
- To deliver a Social Work Service to people aged 18 upwards with hearing loss, sight loss or dual sensory loss.
- At all times provide a caring service to those in the Unit in a courteous and professional manner
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in compliance with regulations
- Individual Assessment
- Mobility and orientation assessments for independent travel
- Providing Sign language communication support for Deaf service users
- Support at Low Vision Clinic
- Support for Audiology Clinic
What We Need from You:
- Qualified Social Worker, on the live NISCC register
- Full drivers licence and access to a car
- Newly qualified Band 5 Social Workers will also be considered
- Knowledge of professional accountability
- Be willing to complete an Access N.I check
- In date mandatory training (with proof of certificate) or willing to complete our free courses
What We Would Like From You But Not Essential:
- Have completed your professional AYE
- Have experience in Older People Services
- Experience in a similar role in a similar setting
What You Will Get:
- Band 5 Social Worker £11.49 – £18.38 per hour (with yearly increments)
- Band 6 Social Worker £13.99 – £22.38 per hour (with yearly increments)
- Free Uniform – if required
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion in our company Pension Scheme
- Free Comprehensive Training Courses and Yearly Updates
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are full time flexible with various working patterns including morning and evening shifts, long days and also night duties.
- Closing date is 29th October @ 5pm.
- Immediate starts available after interview, pending training, access NI and references returned.
The Next Steps:
- Contact Karen McCready or Bernadette Kovacs on 02890 313693
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like the idea of making a difference to people’s lives and would like to expand your career in the Healthcare sector and work for one of Northern Irelands leading provider of Healthcare Staff the please contact the team that always ticks the boxes.
First Choice is an Equal Opportunities Employer