Speech and Language Therapist
What The Job Is:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Speech and Language Therapist for our Coleraine branch. This role is based in the Ballymoney area and is ongoing until 31st March 2020. The pay rate for this role is £16.82-£26.91 (depending on shift work) The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and provision of an effective highly specialist speech and language therapy service to pre-school and school-age children with permanent, significant hearing loss that impacts on a child’s communication development.
Who We Are:
First Choice now one of Northern Ireland’s leading Healthcare Recruitment Agencies has come a long way since opening its doors in 1994. We employ over 40 consultants and place over 1000 temporary staff every week in a variety of Public and Private Sector Settings.
We value our Healthcare Staff and the hard work they do and are currently looking for individuals to join our team.
What The Job Entails:
- To be responsible for the highly specialist assessment and diagnosis of the full range of communication disorders in children with permanent and significant hearing loss.
- To provide highly specialist advice and treatment of the full range of communication disorders as appropriate and indicated.
- To be responsible for the planning and management of the caseload.
- To provide advice to parents and carers regarding the impact/likely impact of hearing loss on their child’s communication development.
- To liaise with the Regional Cochlear Implant Centre and be involved in joint assessment and treatment of children with Cochlear Implants.
- To participate in mutli-disciplinary teams appropriate and required to meet the demands of the client group.
What We Need From You:
- Degree/Diploma in Speech and Language Therapy.
- Certificate/Licence to practice.
- HCPC/RCSLT registration.
- 4 years post qualification experience to include 2 years experience with children with sensory hearing loss.
- Ability to work independently with the client group, including pre-school children with sensory-neural hearing loss and cochlear implants.
- Post graduate training in Working with Deaf children.
- Post graduate training relevant to the client group.
What We Would Like From You:
- Ability to work outside normal working hours when required.
What We Will Offer You:
- £16.28 - £26.91 per hour (depending on shift worked) with yearly increments
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
- Free Comprehensive and ongoing annual training courses
- Free Uniform if required
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- 30 minute Lunch Break
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
- Closing date of advertisement 26.07.19
The Next Steps:
- Contact Sarah on 02870327011
- Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like the idea of making a difference to people’s lives and would like to expand your career in the Healthcare sector and work for one of Northern Ireland's leading provider of Healthcare Staff then please contact the team that always ticks the boxes.
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer