Summer scheme workers – Belfast
Summer scheme worker roles available in Belfast!
Summer Playscheme Workers required for a temporary period of 4-6 weeks to work in Community Centres across the Belfast area. The role is to assist with the organisation of a Summer Playscheme, working with children aged 4 – 16 years old. The pay rate is £9.50 per hour and the hours of work are 9am – 4pm Monday to Friday.
These roles are due to start in July and go on until the middle of August.
As these roles are for a temporary 4–6-week period we can offer further work within Healthcare or Childcare settings following this period.
For more information on these positions please contact our Healthcare Division on 02890313693
What the Job Entails:
- To organise, supervise and initiate in activities inside and away from the summer Playscheme unit
- To prepare and arrange materials for activities.
- To fully implement good practice guidelines as set out within the council’s Play work Code of Practice
- To comply with the guidelines regarding Child Protection.
- To implement all Health and Safety procedures.
- To be involved in evaluation and monitoring the children
- To assist with the administration of the playscheme as required.
What We Need from You:
- Have at least one years’ experience in the following.
- The direct supervisor of children
- Planning and delivering organised play actives
- NVQ Level 2 in Play Work, Child Care. Or equivalent qualification.
- Candidates must be aged eighteen or over for child protection purposes
- Must undergo police checks before beginning the roles
The closing date for these roles is Friday 27th May 2022
The Next Steps, How to Contact the Team That Ticks All the Boxes:
- Contact Shannen Gillespie or Robyn Millar at our Belfast Office
- Email your CV to: email@example.com
- Simply click the apply button
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer