What The Job Is:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Support Worker to work with our client. The post is based in the Coleraine area and cares for adults with learning disabilities who may require positive behaviour support. The pay rate is £9.70 per hour plus Sleep-in allowance. Support will include help with cooking, domestic tasks, socialisation, personal care and other daily living skills. The position can be physically, emotionally and mentally demanding however, offers incredible job satisfaction for those who enjoy a professional challenge. As a core member of the team you will be working alongside the most respected practitioners in the industry.
About the Company:
Our client is an organisation which has led the way in delivering services for people with learning disabilities. They have developed new and exciting services for their clients and provide services for Adults with Learning Disabilities, Adults who have a learning disability and may exhibit complex, extreme or difficult to manage behaviour and Parent’s (who may or may not have a learning disability) who need education and support to meet the needs of their children.
What The Job Entails:
This is a diverse role and will include a number of key areas including:
- Provide support to service users who have additional complex behavioural needs in their own homes.
- Providing personal care to service users.
- To promote independence where possible and encourage self-support.
- To assist in daily activities and socialisation.
What We Need From You:
- A minimum of 1 years’ direct experience working with people who have learning disabilities in a community setting.
- Level 2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
- Applicants should be flexible and show ability to be an effective team member.
- To be NISCC registered, or willing to apply.
- Full Access NI Check
- To have or be willing to attend all mandatory training courses.
What We Would Like From You:
- Experience of working with service users who exhibit challenging behaviour
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent in Health and Social Care.
What We Will Offer You:
- £9.70 per hour & Sleep-in allowance
- Inclusion into company pension scheme.
The Nitty Gritty
- The position involves shift work including working night duty on a rotational basis.
- Hours of work include: Day Duties 8am – 3pm & 3pm – 10pm
Night Duties 10pm – 8am (sleep in may be required on occasion)
- Closing date of advertisement 28.06.19 @ 5pm
- Immediate start available.
The Next Steps:
Contact Sarah Wall on 028 703 27011
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer