Sure Start is a programme provided for parents and children, which is designed to support children’s learning skills, health and well-being, and social and emotional development. The Services delivered by the project will benefit families’ health, physical and mental wellbeing, enhance children’s development and help with building parenting skills and knowledge.
This role is initial on a temporary basis for a period for a week 20 period with the opportunity of permanent post with an annual salary of £21,189 pro rata subject to staff performance!!
Hours of Work: Monday- Friday 09.30-15.30
Pay Rate: £10.86
The successful candidate will be working alongside the sure start team to provide a caring and welcoming environment for children and families. Take part in the organisation of special events, workshops, home visits and other activities. Assist with refreshments for the service, clearing and maintenance of resources, equipment and service rooms. Engaging with families on an individual and group basis to ensure children development needs are met. You will work with the sure start team in creatively planning for the use of children’s spaces to ensure development needs are being met and to take part in support supervisions, annual appraisals and all team meetings.
- Experience working with families and children
- Full valid UK driving licence
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent is preferable but not essential
The package with First Choice
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Free Comprehensive and ongoing annual training courses
- Weekly pay
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
With Early Years
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Health cash plan
- 23-25 days annual leave pro rata
- Staff care counselling service
How to apply
- Contact Shannen Gillespie on 02838316446
- Closing date for roles: Friday 6th October 5pm
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer