Support Workers (Permanent)
First Choice Selection Services are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client for a number of Support Workers for their Supported Living services based in Belfast that accommodates service users living in their own apartments and flats in 2 different unit’s onsite.
This role is perfect for people who have minimum experience working in this field as they will accept applications from candidates that have cared for family or a friend rather that paid experience.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Location -Belfast
- Hours of work – Various Contracts Available (Days & Nights)
- £9 – £9.50 per hour (salary under review)
- 20 days holiday per annum plus 8 bank/public holidays and Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Special Staff offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
Main Purpose of the Role:
The Support Worker is part of the team whose function is to meet the practical, physical and emotional needs of individuals in receipt of services within the Cedar Foundation Supported Living schemes Schemes.
Unit 1 –consists of 10 fully adapted apartments, designed to facilitate Supported Living for tenants with high support needs, under the one roof. The tenant group includes people with physical disability, brain injury and sensory impairment. It combines housing with care and technology to increase independence and enhance quality of life. Tenants can utilise elements of assistive technology to support daily living.
Unit 2 – Consists of 7 flats, and a cul-de-sac of 5 bungalows all of which incorporate elements of SMART technology. All service users have physical and sensory disabilities and /or brain injury with associated needs. The team consists of 3-5 staff on daily to provide the service users support with their daily needs.
What The Job Entails:
- Enable new service users to orientate to their home and the local community, including introduction to neighbours as appropriate.
- Assist with assessment of service users’ needs.
- Participate in supporting the physical and personal needs of service users
- Report any changes in, or concerns about, individual service users to their line manager.
- Provide advice and guidance to less experienced staff undertaking similar duties
- Conduct all activities in a manner which is safe to themselves and others.
What We Need From You:
- Numeracy & literacy (English language) skills to help maintain records, such as service user monies, support documentation.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Awareness of importance of promoting social inclusion for service users
- Understand the relevance of empowering people and promoting independence