Systems Accounting Technician
First Choice Selection Services are currently recruiting a Systems Accounting Technician to work for their public sector client in Craigavon .
Duties will include;
- Carry out a range of duties to support the administration, maintenance, application, development and efficiency of financial systems operating in the Finance, Procurement & Estates Directorate, and across the sector.
- You will assist the Finance Systems Analyst in maintaining the integrity of the Finance, Procurement and Logistics System (FPL) through the application of sound procedures and controls, including access controls and the efficient application of the use of codes.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of systems training to staff and production of management information from the financial systems.
- assist with maintenance of the Directorate’s SharePoint site.
- Maintain written procedures for the safe and effective operation of financial systems in conjunction with Business Services Organisation, ensuring that they are kept up to date and reflect the needs of the Directorate.
- Assist the Finance Systems Analyst in maintaining the integrity of the systems.
- Support the Band 8B Accountant and Finance Systems Analyst in meeting performance targets, including meeting statutory requirements, promoting continuous improvement and providing high quality and effective reporting, information and services within a clear financial framework.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and allocate tasks to staff reporting to him/her, and will deputise for the Finance Systems Analyst across a range of responsibilities as and when required.
- Academic achievements and management experience
- Possess a university degree and have worked for at least 1 year in a supervisory role * in Finance, Information Systems/Informatics or Business;
- Possess 2 A Levels at grade C or above (or equivalent) and have worked for at least 2 years in a supervisory role* in Finance, Information Systems/Informatics or Business;
- Have worked for at least 4 years in a supervisory role* in Finance, Information Systems/Informatics or Business post.
- Other knowledge, skills and experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience of relevant financial systems e.g. FPL; HRPTS; General Ledger; Payroll; Accounts Payable/Receivable, Budgetary Control; Abacus; Real Asset Management etc
- Good understanding of key issues and trends in public sector business and business-support systems, particularly in the HSC.
- Ability to plan and organise work in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Advanced knowledge and experience in using MS Office packages, especially MS Excel.
- A full current driving licence with access to a car or access to a form of transport which enables the post holder to meet the mobility needs of the post.
What We Will Offer You:
- Rates of Pay £11.66 per hour
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.00
- 30-minute Lunch Break
- Immediate starts available for the right candidate
The Next Steps:
- Contact Becky Conlin on 02838 316446
- Email your cv to email@example.com
Who We Are:
First Choice now one of Northern Ireland’s leading Recruitment Agencies has come a long way since opening its doors in 1994. We employ over 40 consultants and place over 1000 temporary staff every week in a variety of Public and Private Sector Settings.