Technical Specialist Team Leaders
What The Job Is:
First Choice Belfast has exciting opportunities for Technical Specialist Team Leaders to start Mid-September. These particular roles are based in Belfast city Centre. The pay rate is £19.89 per hour. The successful candidates will be working 37.5 hours per week 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Who The Job Is For:
Our public sector client offers an excellent working environment, potential to apply for a permanent position and job progression with annual salary increments. The Post Holder will use their technical knowledge and understanding of the ICT systems and infrastructure to collaborate with ICT specialists and will interface with key stakeholders impacted by the Data Warehouse.
What The Job Entails:
- Lead/deliver enhancements to the Regional Data warehouse in line with agreed plans and budget as directed by the Development Manager.
- Keep abreast of developments to the technologies used in the Regional Data warehouse, review these developments and advise on their potential impact.
- Use specialist ICT knowledge and experience to inform and guide the Regional Data warehouse design and development.
- Use expertise gained in operating the Regional Data warehouse to contribute to the development of policies and procedures for the implementation of regional eHealth solutions.
- Ensure appropriate support services are delivered to ensure the system remains operational in accordance with its agreed specification.
- Lead, support, undertake investigations and recommend solutions to address issues.
- Work with specialist advisors in legal and procurement services to successfully deliver the Regional Data Warehouse.
- Develop a number of enhancements as agreed by the Head of Development and the Development Manager.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to share knowledge, coordinate and assist development of the Regional Data warehouse.
- Lead the development, testing and implementation of agreed solutions in areas including:
- Data extraction & transformation
- Universe Design
- User Account Management & restrictions
- Integration of data from a variety of Health Systems e.g. (PAS, LCID & PARIS).
- The specification, development and testing of reports.
- Liaise with Programme Managers and related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
- Through agreed reporting structures deliver routine and progress reports for Regional Data warehouse.
- Develop/deliver training to users or make presentations to user groups/stakeholders
- Manage the delivery, testing and implementation of new releases related to Data warehouse.
- Update the Regional Data warehouse Product documentation in line with company Standards and Practices..
What We Need From You:
- A university degree, or professional qualification, relevant to ICT and have worked for at least 3 years in an ICT data management role within a major organisation OR Have at least 5 years’ experience in an ICT data management role within a major organisation
- Demonstrate relevant specialist knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Database and query design for reporting and analysis
- Data extraction, transformation and loading technologies
- Database management and support g. Oracle, SQL Server, Caché
- Have experience in providing support & development services to a large customer base.
- Have previous experience utilising a project management methodology e.g. PRINCE 2, or other similar methodology).
- Full clean driving licence
What We Will Offer You:
- £19.89 per hour
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
- Excellent working environment
- Weekly Pay
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Closing date of advertisement 19.09.20 @ 5pm
- Start Date for role – As soon as possible
The Next Steps, How To Contact The Team That Ticks All The Boxes:
- Contact Karen Rainey, Craig Devaney or Bradley Collins at the Belfast Office
- Simply click the apply button
First Choice is an equal opportunity employer