Technical Support Officer
First Choice Belfast have an excellent opportunity for a Technical Support Officer to start as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be providing technical support for infrastructure, applications support, service desk, web design, communications & network support, and desktop support. This role is based in Belfast City Centre. The pay rate is £12.74 per hour and the hours of work will be 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
What the Job Entails:
- Providing Technical, desktop and network support
- Management of datacentres, security, networks, and client access services.
- Technical support services for infrastructure (such as SANS, virtualised servers, operating systems, storage, middleware products etc).
- Network services such TCP/IP network equipment and software, email, directories, firewalls, DNS, etc.
- Configuration and support of databases.
- Record, analyse and resolve complex incidents and problems
- Monitor and maintain performance of ICT services ensuring adequate capacity and availability of services taking both proactive and reactive action when required.
- Assist in the development, implementation and testing of robust backup and business continuity procedures for services.
- Assist with security audits and investigation of security breaches and incidents
What We Need from You:
- A University Degree in a Computer Science subject or an equivalent professional qualification AND one Years relevant experience
Have four years relevant experience.
- Hold a full clean UK driving Licence with access to their own vehicle on appointment.
The Nitty Gritty:
- £12.74 per hour
- Hours of work are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
The Next Steps, How to Contact the Team That Ticks All the Boxes:
- Contact Dylan McGinley or Craig Devaney at the Belfast Office
- Simply click the apply button
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer