The clients we are recruiting on behalf are a large public body working out of Lisburn. The successful candidate will be responsible for the inspection, servicing, modification, maintenance and repair of Service Vehicles and supporting equipment ensuring they are fully operational to manufacturer’s specifications including the completion of all associated documentation, both written and electronic so there is a 24 hour availability of the vehicles.
What The Job Entails:
- To assist all other trades within Fleet & Engineering services where their skill set is more applicable to affect that repair, including all operational equipment.
- To be responsible for conducting PSV/MOT Inspection to all blue light vehicles to the standard laid down within “The best practice manual” for UK Fire Services
- To repair bodywork including small part spraying to vehicle parts and repair/replacement of panels.
- To repair, maintain & inspect all electrical & electronic circuits and/or equipment using latest computer technology to diagnose faults down to board level.
- To carry out welding repair using MIG, TIG, electric and gas welding across a broad range of vehicles and equipment.
- To carry out hydraulic repairs on vehicles and equipment as required.
- Be prepared to work in all conditions both inside and outside including fire ground duties, which can be physically demanding. Also be prepared to work at heights up to 42m whilst repairing Aerial appliances. Also be prepared to travel to any location within Northern Ireland to carry out these duties.
What We Need From You:
- Possess a certified Level 2 trade qualification as depicted in the NQF in Vehicle Mechanic studies
And have at least two years’ experience working in a trade role in their area of expertise.
- Can demonstrate:
- Excellent record keeping of computerised repair and inspection data;
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- A strong customer focus.
- Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications.
- Competent in the use of a Management Information System (MIS) for record keeping on repair data
- Possess a current C Class driving licence.
What We Would Like From You:
- Experience working with large vehicles
- Confidence to work unsupervised
What We Will Offer You:
- £12.86 per hour
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata)
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme
The Nitty Gritty:
- 30 minute break
- 1 Hour unpaid Lunch Break
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
- Closing date of advertisement 02.12.20 @ 5pm
The Next Steps, How To Contact The Team That Ticks All The Boxes:
- Simply click the apply button
- Contact Craig Devaney or Dylan McGinley on in our Belfast branch
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer