What The Job Is:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacist to join our team in the Foyle Area. This role is due to start immediately. The pay rate is £14.20-£22.72 per hour depending on shift. The post-holder will be part of a team of pharmacists providing all aspects of a modern hospital pharmacy service.
Who We Are:
First Choice now one of Northern Ireland’s leading Healthcare Recruitment Agencies has come a long way since opening its doors in 1994. We employ over 40 consultants and place over 1000 temporary staff every week in a variety of Public and Private Sector Settings.
We value our Healthcare Staff and the hard work they do and are currently looking for individuals to join our team.
What The Job Entails:
This is a diverse role and will include a number of key areas including:
- Participating in the work of the dispensary, including clinical and accurate checking of prescriptions and dispensed medicines, both within the dispensary and at ward level.
- Reviewing and assessing inpatient and outpatient prescriptions for legality, accuracy, safety and appropriateness of drug therapy.
- Ensuring all work completed complies with Medicines Ethics and Practice, local policies and procedures, risk management and health and safety policies and protocols.
- Communication recommendations on drug therapy to doctors, nurses and other relevant health care professionals.
- Liaising with relevant clinical pharmacists on patient care issues.
- Dispensing and supplying medicines.
- Advising patients on concordance with their medicines.
- Receive, store and supply controlled drugs in accordance with the Misuse of Drugs Act and Trust policy.
- Dispensing clinical trial drugs according to protocols.
What We Need From You:
- Pharm in Pharmacy or equivalent.
- Membership of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Irleand or eligible for membership.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office or equivalent.
- Hold a current full driving license and have access to a car.
- Knowledge of current trends in Health and Social Care in NI.
- Knowledge of Pharmacy Services within a hospital setting.
What We Would Like From You:
- Experience in a similar role in a similar setting.
What We Will Offer You:
- £14.20 – £22.72 per hour depending on shift.
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday’s (pro rata).
- Inclusion into our company pension scheme.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Hours of work are Monday – Sunday shifts on a rotational basis
- 24 Hour on call service that can be accessed for emergencies
- Closing date of advertisement 11.07.19 @ 5pm
- This role is an immediate start
The Next Steps:
- Contact Sarah Wall on 02870327011
- Email your cv to email@example.com
If you like the idea of making a difference to people’s lives and would like to expand your career in the Healthcare sector and work for one of Northern Ireland’s leading provider of Healthcare Staff then please contact the team that always ticks the boxes.
First Choice is an equal opportunities employer